Saturday, April 12, 2014

Watch out for the Mean Moms!

                       Watch out for the Mean Moms!

There are movies about it. Remember the movie Mean Girls with Lindsay Lohan. We.We all experienced it in high school. You were either apart of the in crowd or the out crowd. The Mean girls would walk the halls and prey on any and every body they wanted and some how they were still cool. If you were one of the victims of the mean girls attack, You couldn't wait to grow up and get out of high school away from the drama. Surely once you become an adult , girls wouldn't act this way towards one another.
Well think again -A couple of month’s ago I decided to start a mom’s support group. I wanted to get out the house meet other moms and just talk about something other than sponge bob , icarly , bigtime rush, Timmy the lamb , Jessie, Ant Farm, Austin & Ally , Shake it up – You get the picture. All of these shows I know the theme song to, and sometimes sing while shopping. I wanted to talk about mother hood and be real! What I like about motherhood, what I love , what irritates me sometimes. Most of the mom’s I meet have been so nice and inviting. I’ve met some wonderful women !
On the other hand I’ve attended some mom group meetings were the moms have not been so inviting.
Mean Moms won’t say anything to your face ( of course that wouldn't be polite ) but you can read the look on their faces -
On Wednesdays we wear pink! Mom translation: You’re not wearing heels?
She doesn't
even go here! Mom translation: No new moms!
You can’t sit with us! Mom translation: You can’t sit with us!
Little cliques form with the moms group itself. One group meets but then all the moms break off into separate mini groups.
The I paid a lot for this purse group
The HOT moms
The Eco friendly group
The Calling Babies ugly group
The we only wear heels group
The my nail’s are done weekly Group
The Asian moms Group
The Latin moms Group
The African American moms group
The I’m glad both my shoes match group
The nursing mom group
The Starbucks mom group
The party on the weekend mom Group
And many more ……….
My point here is we are all MOMS! Hint-the name “mom’s group” DUHHH!(see it’s contagious )
We should model the way we want our children to behave! No mother should ever feel bullied or like they’ve been put into a time machine and forced to be back in high school.
Yes moms can bully other moms!
All mothers should support one another regardless of how they dress, ethnic back-round, social class or hand bag selection.
Let’s be honest – People tend to treat you differently because of your hand bag. You are still the same person inside!
To all the mean moms out there – I may want to call your Mom to tell on you.
BUT-
The mom in ME wants to put YOU and your FRIENDS in TIME OUT and show you silly pictures and happy videos.
Let’s All be Happy! We’re moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment